One of my professional goals for 2019 was to study something related with Artificial Intelligence (AI). 🤖
As part of my innovation skills I already have knowledge and expertise designing and implementing voice apps and bots 🗣 ( which is another type of AI), but I wanted to learn also Machine Learning and Deep Learning. 🤪
During my search for something to study in an online manner, an advertisement came up with Oxford Artificial intelligence Programme 2019 and that was ideal for me because allowed me study online but also comes from a high recognized University and Business School: Oxford Saïd 🔝. So, exciting times, I decided to invest in my skills and enroll into that programme.
Module 1: Artificial intelligence: What is all the hype about?
- Explore the history and potential of AI within the context of the digital ecosystem.
- Different AI definitions
- The timeline of AI
- State of the Art in AI Applications
Module 2: AI’s engine room: How do machines learn from data?
- What is Machine Learning?
- Types of machine learning: supervised, reinforcement, and unsupervised learning.
- Regression, Classification, Clustering and Decision
- Types of data and Data Quality
Module 3: Current frontiers: Deep learning and the latest trends in AI
- Understand what deep learning is and how it is powering the modern approach to AI.
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Forward Propagation
- Applications of Neural Networks and deep learning
- Success cases and examples
Module 4: Working with intelligent machines
- Explore the concept of intelligence in machines
- Different forms of Intelligence
- The impact of AI in the labour market.
Module 5: Setting the boundaries of AI
- Explore the hierarchy of ethical and legal considerations around AI.
- Boundaries of AI
- Law and AI
- Ethics and AI
Module 6: Making a business case for AI
- Identify the potential business opportunities of AI in a specific context.
- AI Business Cases
In my opinion, one of the challenges for success on the programme is the fact that most of students are working and studying at the same time, so the combination of flexibility and also achievable deadlines is important. Also a good structure in terms of independent units for every module. 👍 In terms of approach, I liked the approach of having graded activities at the end of each module. Also, I liked having a forum platform in which all students discuss further any topics and share different experiences in different sectors. In terms of professors, I liked the professors were actively involved in our discussions and gave proactive feedback after every module. I’d definitely recommend that / or similar online programmes.
I completed the program in July 2019 👨🏻💻 with a score of 81 out of 100 🤓, I am proud of it due to the high average level in the class. 🚀
After that course of AI and ML, I do have a better overall on Machine Learning and its applications in real life.
My next steps towards AI skills are potentially: advanced Machine Learning course and side projects to grown my ML skills. 💪🏻🤖